Thursday 4 December 2014

What's that growing on your balcony?

Is the question the little boy in the apartment complex I live in asked? It dawned on me right then and there that he is the picture of the modern child. The child that does not know where his/her food comes from and how it is grown. This is of course not a new topic or situation, still it’s so sad. And it's becoming more and more prevalent even here in South Africa. The headlines are filled with stories of children being obese, living sedentary lives. The causes are as diverse and complex. But I don't want to debate those right now (story for another time). And in the spirit of living better the video below dares us to think differently about the spaces we live in. 




I think she will inspire you to re-imagine the way you think of gardening and the space you need to do it in….I know I'm already planning!!


Are you up for the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment